Wednesday 10 February 2021

Heartshaped Store/Booth Low LI Building

 


I've been wanting to make a pair of twinned buildings that would work well together and I came up with this inspired by warm thoughts and spring. I always want my buildings to be easy to retexture and modify if you should so choose.


Quite often one of the big feedback points I get about buildings is erratic LI that is incongruent with the product specifications so I have rigorously tested these buildings to make sure that the LI stays consistent.

As long as you do not modify them and they are used as shipped, the LI is unaffected. However if you do unlink the 9LI version of this build for example, the LI can increase significantly (13LI and possibly more). The physics portion of the build can be problematic when linked and I have found that this can misbehave quite badly. This is why I have shipped the build in two versions. The pre-linked version already includes physics but may be harder to texture if you do not remove the physics shapes first. The rezzer version is actually 1 LI less and is at a weight of 8LI in total unlinked. 

The Oddfish builds rezzer object.
Rez this on ground and touch to place building.
The arrow points to which direction the build will rez out to.




To make it easier to identify which parts of the build are just the physics shapes, I have made them visible on rez and you can make them invisible simply by touching them. This script function can be removed and you can manually alpha the prims by editing them yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment